Notice of Annual Meeting and Membership Requirements
NOTICE OF ANNUAL ELECTION, SALE OF MEMBERSHIP, AND PETITION FOR ELECTION TO THE GALLIA COUNTY AGRICULTURAL SOCIETY
The Gallia County Agricultural Society will hold its annual meeting and election for members of its Board of Directors on Thursday, September 15, 2022. The election will be held at the Gallia County Junior Fairgrounds between the hours of 4:00 P.M. and 8:00 P.M.
Only current 2022 members of the Society may vote or become a candidate for election. In order to become a current member of the Gallia County Agricultural Society you must:
- be a resident of Gallia County
- be at least 18 years old
- purchase your $2.00 membership on or before 4:00 p.m. August 31, 2022, in person.
Memberships may be purchased during business hours at the following locations:
- The Brown Insurance Agency
In order to become a candidate for election to the board of directors you must:
- be a current member of the Gallia County Agricultural Society.
- submit a petition containing at least 10 signatures of current members of the Agricultural Society to Board Secretary Tim Massie, on or before 4:00 p.m. Sept. 8, 2022.
Petitions must be obtained from Secretary Tim Massie.
Twenty-nine members of the Gallia County Agricultural Society have petitioned the following constitutional change to be voted on at the annual election of directors on Sept. 15, 2022:
The request is that Article VII Section 1, the statement “No director shall hold the office of president for more than two consecutive years” be removed.