It was in the summer of 1950 that the Gallia County Junior Fair had its actual beginning. That year the FFA and 4-H members held a one day show on the lot of a local equipment dealer.
In 1951 a two day fair was held on the park front in Gallipolis.
Additional facilities were required and in 1952 the fair was moved to the Holzer Airport where it was increased in size and became a three day fair with rides, concessions, and a program.
Having outgrown that facility in 1955, the Evans Grocery Company donated land consisting of sixteen acres for a permanent fairground.
In 1956 the fair was held on this new site and a restroom was the only building that year.
In 1957 the first permanent building was erected on the fairgrounds for the housing and showing of livestock and for the first time an Ohio governor was present to dedicate the building and visit the fair.
In 1958 another new building, the Activities Building was erected to permit the display of FFA and 4-H projects.
Two new buildings were added in 1960 with the first being a food stand for the use of 4-H clubs in preparing and serving food. This building has since been enlarged into a cafeteria-type concession stand with the addition of a dining room. Also, a building for sheep, swine and poultry was opened and with …
In 1961 another building was erected for the display of commercial exhibits and designated as the Commercial Building.