It was in the summer of 1950 that the Gallia County Junior Fair had its actual beginning. That year the FFA and 4-H members held a one day show on the lot of a local equipment dealer.
Two new buildings were added in 1960 with the first being a food stand for the use of 4-H clubs in preparing and serving food. This building has since been enlarged into a cafeteria-type concession stand with the addition of a dining room. Also, a building for sheep, swine and poultry was opened and with